✓ Access and share information with a few clicks ✓ Communicate with chat and work groups ✓ All features included ✓ Plug-and-play
Trusted by local and global brands
Terms and conditions
1. Chainintra ApS, company registration number DK36553081, Njalsgade 21F, 6., 2300 København S, Denmark (“Ziik”, “we” or “us”) has developed a web and app based intranet under the trade name Ziik, which is offered as a Software as a Service (hereinafter the “Software”)
2. As a part of our service, we allow registered businesses or organizations, (hereinafter singular “Organization” and plural “Organizations”) to subscribe to our Service and for their employees (hereinafter singular “User” and plural “Users”) to install and use our online Software that provides the Organization and Users with tools for effective communication, information sharing and collaboration with its co-workers, employees and partners, including automatic software updates (hereinafter the “Service” or “Platform”).
3. Ziik’s Service is not available to Organization, or to any Users previously suspended or removed from Ziik.
4. The following software as a service agreement (hereinafter “SaaS-Agreement”) shall apply to the Organization’s and Users’ use of the Software provided by Ziik.
2. Subscription to the Service
1. In order to subscribe to our Service, Organizations can send a request to Ziik via e-mail, phone, online chat or by submitting a form on https://ziik.io (hereinafter the “Website”). It is furthermore possible to get access through on of our Partners or create an intranet for the Organization without any interaction with Ziik.
3. Grant of license
1. This license (hereinafter "License") grants to the Organization, and the Organization accepts, a non-transferable, non-exclusive License to use the Service, and for the purpose of the Service only, the version of the software currently supplied by Ziik including any patches and associated documentation subject to the terms set forth in this SaaS-Agreement. Ziik is at any time and without notice entitled to change the License to an updated version of the Software. Ziik is furthermore obliged to ensure the Software undergoes continuous updates.
2. This License does not convey to the Organization or the User with an interest or ownership in or to the Service, but only a limited right of use always subject to the terms of this License.
3. The Organization accepts that the Service may be disabled automatically or by Ziik if the Organization or Users commit a material breach of the terms of the SaaS-Agreement, this License and/or in case of non-payment of subscription fees.
4. Use of the service
1. In order to use the Service, the Organization will be equipped with an administrator user account (hereinafter an “Admin Account”) accessible by way of a user-ID and password.
2. By accessing via the Admin Account, the Admin User may create or import, manually or via API, a number of User Accounts (hereinafter an “Account”) accessible by way of a user-ID and password. Whereas each Account shall be accessed only by the individual User that is associated with that specific Account.
3. The Organization and Users shall provide that user-IDs and passwords (“Access Details”) are kept secret and ensure that the Access Details do not become known to any third party, as the Organization is liable for any misuse of the Services using the Access Details. Furthermore, the Organization and Users shall inform Ziik immediately if they suspect that any of the Access Details or Admin Account or Accounts have been compromised.
4. Subject to the Organization's payment of the subscription fees pertaining to the Service, the Organization shall be entitled to use the Service and any pertaining Ziik software as long as this SaaS-Agreement is in force.
5. Restrictions of use
a. Except as expressly permitted, the User may not use the Service on any device that the User does not own or control, and the User may not distribute or make the Service available to others. The Organization and the Users may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Service.
6. The Organization and Users may not copy, except as expressly permitted, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code, modify, or create derivative works of the Software and/or any part of the Service, any updates, or any part thereof. Any attempt to do so is a violation of our rights. If the Organization or Users breach this restriction, the Organization may be subject to damages claims.
7. The Organization agrees to cooperate with Ziik to maintain our ownership of the Software and/or the Service, and, to the extent that the Organization or User becomes aware of any claims relating to the Software and/or the Service, the Organization agrees to promptly provide notice of any such claims to us.
8. The use of the Service may require certain minimum specifications for the User’s IT- system and communication capabilities. By entering into this SaaS-Agreement, the Organization warrants that such requirements are met by the User during the term of the SaaS- Agreement.
5. Subscription Fee
1. The Organization shall pay a subscription fee to Ziik in advance in order to use the Service (hereinafter the “Subscription Fee”). The Subscription Fee will be billed monthly based on the total number of registered Users during the previous Subscription period. The minimum number of Users to be billed is 11 and the Organization will be charged automatically via the Credit Card registered by the Organization on the Platform. Invoicing is possible on request for larger Organizations. The Subscription Fee is exclusive of value added tax or sales tax, if applicable, as well as SMS and Data used in addition to what is included in the Subscription. Pricing can be found on our website https://ziik.io/pricing.
2. Ziik offers a Freemium Subscription to small organizations, which includes 10 Users and 2GB data. If the number of Users or Data Usage surpasses this limit, the Organization will automatically transfer to a paid Subscription with a minimum invoicing of 11 Users.
3. The Subscription Fee is non-cancelable and non-refundable and unless otherwise agreed it will automatically be renewed for a new Subscription Period unless the service is cancelled by contacting Ziik or on the Admin Account.
4. If the Organization cancels the Subscription, the Organization will still be responsible for the Subscription Fee for any started Subscription Period.
5. The Subscription Fee includes maintenance and support of the Service as further described in section 6. Ziik offers free online support through our https://helpcenter.ziik.io/ and via email and chat.
6. By payment of the Subscription Fee, or Signup as a Freemium Account, the Organization accepts these Terms and Conditions as well as our Data Processing Agreement, which can be found at https://ziik.io/dpa
6. Maintenance and support
1. Maintenance is paid for through the Subscription Fee. Maintenance includes updates to the Service and the Software, as well as correction of errors and defects, if possible.
2. The User is responsible for installing any available updates to the Service and the Software, which can be done by the User and is free of charge. Ziik has no responsibility for incidents due to missing updates.
3. Additional consultancy services, such as system set-up, migration of data, training, etc., are not included in the Subscription Fee. Ziik’s consultancy services are based on time spent according to Ziik’s hourly rate valid at the time of delivery of the Consultancy services.
a. Ziik intends that the Service shall be available to the Organization 24 hours a day all around the year. The Service is defined as being available as long as it is available for log in. In case of unavailability of the Service (as defined above) Ziik will refund to the Organization a proportionate part of the relevant Subscription Fee for any period that the Service due to Ziik’s circumstances is unavailable for more than three Danish business days. Such refund will be calculated on the basis of the number of “down days”, i.e. the number of consecutive periods of full 24 hours that the Service is unavailable to the Organization. E.g. if the Service is unavailable for a period of four business days (96 consecutive hours), the Organization will get a refund for one day (24 hours). Except for the refund, the Organization shall have no remedies or claims against Ziik for the unavailability of the Services, including without limitation the right to claim for compensation, proportionate reduction, the right to terminate the SaaS-Agreement for breach or any other remedy.
b. System maintenance work, which may disrupt the availability of the system should, to possible extent, be performed within the following service windows: 22.00 - 07.00 (on Mondays: until 08.00). Planned downtime should, as far as possible, be announced 24 hours in advance. Emergency situations may require such work to be done outside the service windows and/or with shorter or no prior notice.
5. Backup of data:
a. The Organization’s and the Users’ data is stored on Ziik’s hosting provider’s servers. The data stored on the server is backed up once per day. There is no archive of backups older than 30 days. Data restore will be performed in the case of a system failure.
6. Data restore requested by the Organization for other reasons, such as accidental deletion by the User, will be performed to possible and reasonable extent and invoiced according to Ziik’s and the hosting provider’s current rates.
7. Integration to third party software
1. Ziik’s Service and/or Software has the ability to integrate with software from third party providers through our API, which can be found at https://docs.ziik.io.
2. Ziik shall have no liability for any claim based on the integration of third party software to Ziik’s Service.
3. The use of third party software is regulated by its own terms and conditions.
8. The User’s obligations
1. The User must at all times:
a. obtain, deploy and maintain all computer hardware, internet connection, security settings, operating systems and any required ancillary software to use, operate or access the Service;
b. keep its IT-systems well and proper maintained;
c. respect the restrictions and conditions applicable for the use of the Service, and follow the instructions from Ziik, including but not limited to this SaaS-Agreement;
d. avoid posting or transmitting any content on the Service that is offensive, inappropriate or illegal, or otherwise in conflict with this SaaS-Agreement;
e. avoid posting or transmitting any content that infringes or violates another person’s rights (including intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). The Organization and User further agrees to indemnify and hold Ziik harmless for all claims and losses related to such infringement and/or illegality.
2. The User is responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the Territory from which the Service and/or the Software is accessed or used.
3. The User is obliged to keep its password secret from unauthorized users or third parties.
9. Third Party Hosting and Data Protection
1. Ziik uses a third party hosting center called Linode, to host the Service and the Organization’s and Users’ data on Ziik’s behalf. Such storing and pertaining processing are specifically subject to Linode’s applicable terms and conditions and the Organization accepts that the liability of Ziik in respect of such processing is limited in accordance with Linode’s terms, which are found here: https://www.linode.com/tos
2. The Organization retains the rights to its data as data controller, and Ziik acts as data processor on the Organization's behalf.
3. When processing personal data on behalf of the Users, Ziik has implemented and maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures for the processing of such personal data.
4. Upon termination of the SaaS-Agreement, Ziik will delete or otherwise render inaccessible all copies of all of the Organization’s data from Ziik’s and its third party processor’s systems in accordance with generally acknowledged practices and using generally acknowledges tools. The Organization can retrieve data from the Software at anytime prior to termination if desired via Ziik’s API, which is found here: https://docs.ziik.io/.
5. The Organization has the option of deleting individual Users via the Admin Account. Upon deletion, all personal data belonging to this User will be permanently deleted. As part of the deletion process, the Organization has the option of transferring non-personal data belonging to the Organization to another User.
10. The User’s remedies
1. The Organization’s exclusive remedy for any material defect in the Services for which Ziik is responsible and Ziik’s sole obligation under this SaaS-Agreement will be at the exclusive choice of Ziik, either to replace the Service, or to refund the Organization a proportional part of the Subscription Fee, which in the sole opinion of Ziik corresponds to the value the defunct Services. The Organization has no other remedies except if stated by mandatory law in the User’s jurisdiction.
11. No warranties
1. THE ORGANIZATION MUST ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESSED WARRANTIES (IF ANY) SET FORTH HEREIN, ZIIK AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, PROMISES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, ANY LOST DATA OR DOCUMENTATION, SOFTWARE PRODUCED DATA, ANY SERVICES OR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR ANY OTHER ITEM DELIVERED BY ZIIK.
2. THE ORGANIZATION MUST ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ZIIK DOES NOT CONTROL THE TRANSFER OF DATA OVER COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, AND THAT THE SERVICE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF SUCH COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES. ZIIK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS. THE ORGANIZATION MUST FURTHERMORE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT THE ORGANIZATION’S OWN RISK.
12. Limitation of liability
1. ZIIK AND ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR AND THE ORGANIZATION ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL PERSONAL INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ZIIK, ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR THE LOSS OF PROFITS OR FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF ZIIK OR ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT LOSS OF DATA AND THE COST OF RESTORATION THEREOF SHALL BE CONSIDERED INDIRECT DAMAGES HEREUNDER. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL, CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF ZIIK AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXCEED SIX MONTHS SUBSCRIPTION FEE.
13. Third party rights
1. If a third party makes a claim against the Organization of any part of the Service originating from Ziik, Ziik assumes no liability whatsoever in any part of the Service or software originating from third parties, e.g. database software or operating systems, infringes third party intellectual property rights infringes any patent, copyright or other intellectual property right (hereafter “Claim”), Ziik will defend the Organization against the Claim and pay all costs, damages and expenses - including reasonable attorney's fees - finally awarded against the Organization by a court having jurisdiction over the matter; provided that: (i) the Organization notifies Ziik in writing no later than five (5) days after the Organization has become aware of a Claim or a potential Claim; (ii) Ziik may assume sole control of the legal handling of the Claim and all related actions and negotiations; and (iii) the Organization – at the Organizations own cost - provide Ziik with the assistance, information and authority, which in the reasonable opinion of Ziik will be necessary to perform Ziik 's obligations under this clause.
2. Notwithstanding the above, Ziik shall have no liability for (i) any Claim based on the combination of the Service with products or services not provided by Ziik and (ii) the modification of the Services by any person other than Ziik.
3. If, due to a Claim or the threat of a Claim, (i) any part of the Service is held by a court having jurisdiction over the matter, or in Ziik’s reasonable opinion may be held to infringe the rights of a third party by such a court, (ii) the Organization receives a valid court order preventing the Organization from using any part of the Services, or (ii) in Ziik’s reasonable opinion the Organization may receive such an order, Ziik shall at its own expense (i) obtain for the Organization the right to continue the use of this part of the Services, or (ii) replace or modify the Services to make it non-infringing provided that such modification or replacement will provide the Organization with a substantially equivalent result. If none of the above options are available on a basis that Ziik considers to be commercially reasonable, then Ziik may - in whole or in part - terminate this SaaS-Agreement and refund to the Organization the Subscription Fee paid by the Organization for the infringing part of the Service, as well as the Subscription Fee paid for any part of the Service that is rendered unusable by the Organization as a result of such unresolved infringement, upon return or deletion as required by Ziik of the infringing and the unusable parts of the Software by the Organization to Ziik. Unless otherwise explicitly stated in this clause any claim due to a Claim or the threat of a Claim - including claims for damages and/or pro rata reduction - shall be governed by the limitation of liability in clause 12.
1. The Organization is bound by this SaaS-Agreement until the end of the chosen Subscription. Upon termination of the Subscription Period, the Organization’s right to access and use the Service shall be ceased immediately.
2. If the Organization fails or we suspect that the Organization has failed, to comply with any of the provisions of this SaaS-Agreement, Ziik may at its sole discretion, without notice to the Organization: (i) terminate this SaaS-Agreement, and the Organization will remain liable for the Subscription Fee due under its Subscription Period up to and including the date of termination; and/or (ii) terminate the Subscription; and/or (iii) preclude access to the Service (or any part thereof).
3. Ziik reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) at any time by providing the Organization with a thirty (30) days’ notice period where possible. Ziik will not be liable to the Organization or to any third party should they exercise such rights.
1. If any clause of this SaaS-Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, then such clause(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and the other clauses shall remain in full force and effect.
2. As the business evolves, Ziik may change the general Terms and Conditions however should a material change be made we will provide Organization with reasonable notice prior to the change taking effect by emailing the email address associated with the Admin Account.
3. Ziik is entitled to transfer its rights and obligations under this SaaS-Agreement to any third party without the prior written approval from the Organization.
16. Applicable law and venue
1. This SaaS-Agreement and any disputes arising hereof, or other disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with the Organization’s use of the Service shall be settled in accordance with Danish law by the City Court of Copenhagen, Denmark, or if applicable the Maritime and Commercial High Court (in Danish: “Sø- og Handelsretten”) in Copenhagen, not taking into account its provisions that may lead to the application of any other substantial law than Danish law.
Last updated October 2019
Data controller ziik.io (Chainintra ApS) Njalsgade 21F, 6th Floor, 2300 København s Danmark Company Registration Number: 36553081
2. The Policy is prepared and made available to comply with the general data protection regulation (2016/679 of 27 April 2016) (the ”GDPR”) and the rules included herein on information to be provided to you.
Collecting personal data with cookies
1. By visiting and using our website(s), cookies are collected and used on the basis of consent. Information in these cookies include browser type, search terms on our website(s), search terms on other website(s), IP address, location at login. (hereinafter "Cookiedata").
2. Cookiedata is used for improvement of the website(s) and the user experience, to perform targeted marketing, to deliver our products, services or goods, customer support.
4. If you wish to limit or decline the cookies placed on your computer when visiting our website you can do so at any time by changing your browser settings. However, you should be aware that if you decline or reject cookies it will impact the functionality of the website which means that there are features on the website that you will not be able to see. Any browser allows that you delete cookies collectively or individually. How this is done depends on the used browser. Remember to delete the cookies in all browsers, if you use several different browsers.
5. We disclose and/or share Cookie Data with Google LLC (Google Analytics).
Types of personal data processed
1. We process personal data about you when this is necessary and in accordance with the applicable legislation. Depending on the specific circumstances, the processed personal data include the following types of personal data: name, telephone number, email
2. We do not collect or process sensitive personal data (so-called "special categories of personal data").
3. As a general rule, we only collect personal data about you from you. If specific circumstances allow or require us to collect personal data about you from someone else than you, we will inform you hereof, which may be done by updating this Policy.
4. If we need to collect more personal data than what is specified above, we will inform about this. Such information may be provided by our updating of this Policy.
1. We only process personal data for legitimate purposes in accordance with the GDPR. Depending on the circumstances, the personal data is processed for the following purposes:
a) To deliver products or services to a user, customer or member.
b) To answer enquiries or complaints from users, customers or members.
c) To send direct marketing to users, customers or members.
d) To give support and service messages, including answering questions and
complaints and send updates about our products and services.
e) To improve our products, services or website.
Legal basis for processing personal data
1. We only process your personal data when we have a legal basis to do so in accordance with the GDPR. Depending on the specific circumstances, the processing of personal data is done on the following legal basis:
a) If we have asked for a consent for the processing of specific personal data, the legal basis for such personal data is a consent, cf. article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, as the consent can always be withdrawn by contacting us via the contact details provided at the end of this Policy, and, if the consent is withdrawn, the personal data processed on the basis of consent is deleted, unless it can or must be processed, for example, in order to comply with legal obligations.
b) The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, cf. the GDPR, article 6(1)(b), the first indent.
c) The processing is necessary for compliance with applicable legislation, cf. the GDPR, article 6(1)(c).
d) The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests where such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, cf. the GDPR, article 6(1)(f).
2. In addition to the above, in some instances we disclose personal data to third-parties in order for the third-parties to use the personal data to marketing activities on their own behalf. Before we perform such processing, we will collect a consent hereto. We perform this processing activity for the following purposes: We use Google Analytics for statistical purposes to improve the user experience on our website.
Disclosure and transfer of personal data
1. We only pass on personal data to others when the law allows it or requires it.
Disclosure and transfer of your personal data
1. We ensure that the personal data is deleted when it is no longer relevant for the processing purposes as described above. We also retain personal data to the extent that it is an obligation from applicable law, as is the case with for example accounting and bookkeeping materials and records. If you have any questions about our retention of personal data, please contact the email mentioned at the bottom of this Policy.
Data subject rights
1. Data subjects have a number of rights that we can assist with. If a data subject wants to make use of his or her rights, he or she can contact us. The rights include the following:
1.1 The right of access: Data subjects have a right to ask for copies of the information that we process about them, including relevant additional information.
1.2 The right to rectification: Data subjects have a right to ask for rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her.
1.3 The right to erasure: In certain circumstances data subjects have a right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning him or her before the time when erasure would normally occur.
1.4 The right to restrict processing: Data subjects have, in certain situations, a right to have the processing of his or her personal data restricted. If a data subject has the right to have the processing of his or her personal data restricted, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the data subject’s consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest in the European Union or of a European member state.
1.5 The right to object: Data subjects have, in certain situations, a right to object to the legal processing of his or her personal data. Objection can also be to the processing of personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
1.6 The right to data portability: Data subjects have, in certain situations, a right to receive his or her personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine- readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the data controller to which the personal data has been provided.
2. More information about data subject rights can be found in the guidelines of the national data protection authorities.
If a data subject wishes to make use of his or her rights as described above, the data subject is asked to use the contact details provided at the end of this Policy.
We strive to do everything to meet wishes regarding our processing of personal data and the rights of data subjects. If you or others despite our endeavours wish to file a complaint, this can be done by contacting the national data protection authorities.
Changes to this Policy
1. We reserve the right to update and amend this Policy. If we do, we correct the date and the version at the bottom of this Policy. In case of significant changes, we will provide notification in the form of a visible notice, for example on our website or by direct message.
If you have questions or comments to this Policy or if you would like to invoke one or more data subject rights, please contact us at email@example.com.